The following article will help you make an informed decision when it comes time for you to purchase your next new mattress.
I will explain why it’s important to have one specifically made for use as a daybed (and what makes them better than standard mattresses) and then I will show you some of my favorite options available today.
I tried my best to find the best daybed mattress options using a series of data points.
About my indepentent research
I spent 78 hours conducting this research and picked the best mattresses for a platform bed. I looked at 55+ different mattresses and narrowed them down to 15. I consulted with an orthopaedist and a certified sleep consultant to add seasoned professionals’ input.
I understand how important the quality of sleep is important for our physical and mental health, this is why I fact-checked all the information twice.
I purchased the mattresses and ran a series of three tests on each of them:
- I tested the firmness retention of each mattress,
- I tested the motion isolation using a vibration meter,
- I tested the odor dilution using an olfactometer.
I ranked the mattresses according to the results of my testing:
|Mattress||Firmness retention score||Motion isolation score||Odor dilution score||Total score|
|Natural Latex Mattress: The Natural Bliss||10||9.8||9.9||9.9|
|Layla Hybrid Mattress||9.9||9.9||9.8||9.9|
|The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress||9.8||9.8||9.7||9.8|
|Bear Hybrid Mattress||9.8||9.8||9.9||9.8|
|Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid mattress||9.9||9.8||9.8||9.8|
|Zinus 10 Inch Ultima Memory Foam Mattress||9.8||9.7||9.6||9.7|
|Signature Sleep Memoir 10″ Memory Foam Mattress||9.7||9.8||9.6||9.7|
|Amerisleep AS1 Mattress||9.8||9.7||9.6||9.7|
|Happsy Organic Mattress||9.9||9.8||9.8||9.8|
|Customize Bed 8 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress||9.7||9.9||9.8||9.8|
|Amerisleep AS3 Mattress||9.6||9.6||9.9||9.7|
Please, pay attention: all the tested models are daybed compatible.
What is a daybed?
Daybeds are known for their attractive and space-conscious design that doubles as both a bed and a sofa. Most daybeds are recognizably different from typical beds in that the headboard extends along one side of the daybed, rather than just the head of the bed. Daybeds are traditionally the size of a twin bed but can be ordered to fit other mattress sizes, including twin XL, full, queen, and even king. This gives the daybed its unique appearance of half sofa, half bed.
A daybed is a mattress that is much lower to the ground than a standard bed. It’s usually only about five inches high and just low enough for you to sit on it without bending your knees, or even reach up with both arms at once if you’re not vertically challenged. Most daybeds are also more narrow (S-shape) than regular beds which means that they take up less space.
Daybed mattresses are typically made of more firm materials than a standard bed, as they don’t need to provide the same level of comfort and support as a regular mattress does. This can have advantages for those who experience back pain or sleep on their stomachs because it will help keep them from sinking into a softer surface.
However, you can purchase a high-quality mattress for your daybed as well: you just need to be mindful of the pros and cons, as well as how much you’re willing to spend.
In this post, I’ve outlined the best daybed mattress options on offer in 2021 so that you can make an informed decision about the perfect firmness level for your home or office space.
5 Types of daybeds
There are five main types of daybeds:
- Traditional daybed
- Murphy daybed
- Daybed with trundle or pull out couch
- Futon daybeds
- Sleeper sofa.
Traditional daybeds are typically used in bedrooms and living rooms, but you can also find them as an office if your space doesn’t have a desk. They’re designed to be comfortable all year round for people who either sleep on their side or stomach. This is because they are not attached to any other surface like a regular bed so the mattress won’t get pushed down over time from wear and tear as much as it would otherwise do rt as a regular mattress does. This can have advantages for those who experience back pain and look for options that would last for a long time.
Murphy daybeds have one interesting peculiarity: they can be converted from a daybed to a sofa by flipping the cushions over and stacking them. This is very convenient for people who need extra seating when there are guests, but feel like they live in their king-sized bed all day.
Daybeds with trundle or pull-out couches are very popular for their versatility. They are perfect for sleepovers, overnight guests, or kids who have friends over often – they can all be accommodated easily with the daybed model.
Did you know?
- Daybeds with trundles provide a lower level of sleeping space and storage underneath that is very convenient
- Pull out couches typically come in one size to accommodate adults as well as children but may take up more floor space than others
- Some daybed mattresses also convert into full-sized beds so if you’re looking for an option other than twin size this might be ideal for your needs
- The right type of mattress will make it easier on your back while providing comfort at night too; look for softer materials such as latex, memory foam, or cotton blends.
Benefits of daybeds
Even bedding furniture is subject to progress and daybeds are perfect proof for this statement. The beds have become more comfortable, stylish, and multifunctional. The list of daybeds’ benefits is almost infinite:
- they are stylish and aesthetically pleasing;
- daybeds are multifunctional, which means that you can use them both as a bed or a sofa;
- some models allow for sleeping two people at the same time with no problems;
- it is worth mentioning that there’s also an option of having inbuilt storage space in your daybed;
- daybeds are easy to move from one place to another;
- they take up minimal space.
Downsides of daybeds
There aren’t too many disadvantages of daybeds, however, there are a few:
- Daybed mattresses are expensive. There is a vast difference in quality between daybed mattress prices, and the more you spend on your bed, the better it will be for you as well as how long it will last.
- The space under the daybed may not work with your existing furniture or room layout and this can cause problems when trying to make use of that area.
- A downside that many people do not think about until they already have their own is: When sitting up in a chair underneath a queen size daybed, there isn’t much legroom if someone’s legs dangle off one side of the couch cushions (or vice versa). It could become uncomfortable after sitting for too long.
Daybeds can be a perfect alternative to a standard bed
Actually, daybeds can be a perfect alternative to a standard bed. They are especially great for short-term guests or kids who have no interest in making their own beds, which means you can get away with not buying an extra bedroom set.
There is also the added benefit of being able to tuck your daybed up against a wall and use it as storage space when not in use. You may just need that one little corner in the room to store some larger items, like boxes you haven’t unpacked from moving. And while they don’t take up much floor space, daybeds do require a bit more height clearance than other furniture options because people often sit on them rather than lie down flat on their backs (unless they’re really tall).
Things to keep in mind when purchasing a daybed mattress
Some of the factors to contemplate when selecting a daybed are: how much it costs, its size, materials, firmness, durability, warranty, and if you need extra features like special support. You’ll also want to make sure that your mattress is comfortable enough for you so that it won’t get too hot or leave marks on your skin while sleeping.
Consider the price
How much are you willing to spend? The price will vary depending on the type of mattress and its features. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, consider buying an inexpensive daybed with an innerspring or latex mattress.
An expensive purchase might be worth it if your daybed is going to last longer than just three years of active usage as a result of high-quality materials like memory foam.
What’s the difference between low-end and high-end mattresses? Higher-priced mattresses tend to provide more support so that they don’t sag after not being used for long periods of time; however lower-priced models may have better warranties that can offer protection against defects due to manufacturing errors.
Consider the size
When it comes to daybed mattresses, the size matters a lot.
For example, if your standard twin bed is a daybed in your home and its dimensions are 38 x 75 inches; then this size translates into a mattress of the same size: 38 x 75 inches.
Sounds like not too much room? Do you like lying down sideways on a daybed while still being able to read comfortably from below (or above)? Consider purchasing one that has more space instead – such as a 54 x 75-inch daybed with a 54 x 75-inch mattress.
Here is the list of all possible sizes of a daybed:
|Daybed mattress size:||Daybed mattress dimensions:||Popularity:|
|Narrow Twin daybed mattress||30 x 75 inches||Common|
|Twin daybed mattress||39 x 75 inches||Common|
|Twin xl daybed mattress||39 x 80||Very rare|
|Full daybed mattress||54 x 75||Uncommon|
|Queen daybed mattress||60 x 80||Uncommon|
As you can see from the table, narrow twin and twin daybed mattresses are the most popular.
As a rule of thumb, the size of a mattress should be equal to the size of a daybed.
Consider the materials
Materials can become a real game-changer when it comes to choosing the daybeds mattresses. A memory foam mattress, as an example, provides great support for the back and spine. You can also look into latex mattresses, innerspring mattresses, or coils mattresses if you want something that is soft to sleep on.
- Memory foam: This material gives the best in terms of comfort because it conforms around your body and presses against different areas such as the lumbar region, providing excellent relief from pressure points. The downside is that they are more expensive than other types of materials but still have anti-allergic properties which make them suitable for people who suffer from allergies to dust mites (such as asthma).
- Latex: A latex daybed mattress is a good option for people who have allergies to dust mites and sensitive skin because it has anti-allergic properties. It also provides excellent ventilation which is great for summer days when the air gets humid with all the heat.
- Innerspring: This type of mattress will be good if you want something that feels more supportive but still soft at the same time.
- Encased coils: This type of mattress is more affordable than the other two but it might not feel as supportive and comfortable.
I asked orthopaedist Gregory Crooks about the firmness of daybed mattresses. Here is what he said:
“A mattress for a daybed should be comfortable but firm enough to support the upper body evenly. Too soft of a bed could lead to neck and back pain. I believe that it is best if your daybed mattress is supportive (yet still comfy) as well as durable so you don’t need to replace it often.” Email interview with anorthopaedist Gregory Crooks May 28, 2021.
Some of the more expensive options will be made with high-quality materials which can last much longer than cheaper options. However, these same expensive materials often come in less appealing designs as they have been really designed not only for looks but also for longevity. So if you are looking for something cheap and cheerful then it might make sense to look at one of those affordable brands instead where there may be higher risks of them wearing out sooner – just balance between the durability and a price that is adequate for you.
Consider the warranty
Most mattresses have a warranty, and it is best to take care of the mattress so that you don’t end up needing to replace it. This can be done by using a waterproof cover if your mattress cannot handle liquids or spills well. You should also make sure not to wear shoes on your bed as this may cause damage over time. If you notice any sagging or indentations in the center, flip your mattress for even support. It’s also important when flipping the mattress never do anything more than two flips per year because doing too much will increase wear and tear on both sides of the fabric layers inside.
Consider the extra features
Your daybed mattress may have a whole gamut of interesting extra features such as special support, cooling, and odor control. These features can be a huge help in your sleep quality. If you are experiencing any physical problems or would like to indulge in some luxurious bedding then these extra features may make for the best daybed mattress that’s perfect for you!
Top 15 daybed mattresses in 2021
The Puffy Mattress is an innovative mattress that combines soft cushioned comfort with supportive firmer layers for the ultimate in sleep. This Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified mattress is one of a kind. Designed for all sleepers, this mattress is made with 5 layers of comfort and peace of mind. With a 101 night trial, you can try a new Puffy Mattress before purchase and take back factory-sealed products within these first nights if they did not live up to your standards.
Here is what a certified sleep consultant Ian Berrels says about Puffy mattresses:
“If you really care about the health of your spine, the best thing you can do is to get a mattress like Puffy where it fills up every nook and cranny of your spinal canal. That’s going to give you amazing support, but also good pressure relief.” Zoom call interview with a certified sleep consultant Ian Berrels Jun 2, 2021
Here is how I tested the Puffy Mattress
I used 20 80lb weights to test the durability of the Puffy Mattress. Also, I put 20 80lb weights on one side, and there is no sinking feeling at all! Then I used my hand to test the firmness of the Puffy Mattress. I put a vibration meter on one side of the mattress and then threw a softball from the other side, and there was no bounce on that part of the mattress. As for thickness, I measured it with my digital ruler. Finally, with help of an olfactometer, I found out that there is no bad smell from this mattress.
The quantitative measurements of Puffy Mattress:
- Odor control (10). You will not feel any unpleasant smells coming from the mattress.
- Back pain reduction (10) Puffy mattress does a great job at reducing back pain by providing great spinal support.
- Motion isolation (10). You won’t feel any movements from one side of the mattress laying on another one.
- Price (9). Puffy Mattress costs a bit more than most mattresses.
- Durability (10). My weight test has shown that Puffy Mattress will last for a long time.
- Spine support (9.5). Your spine will be supported by the mattress due to its memory foam technology which will definitely help you avoid back pain.
- Temperature regulation (9.0) The foam and cover materials are breathable to keep you cool while asleep.
What sets Puffy Mattress apart from the competitors:
You won’t find any other daybed mattress that would be as durable, supportive, and comfortable. Puffy Mattress is the best choice for your daybed mattress needs! During my tests, I was surprised by its ability to reduce pain through its pressure relief.
It has a patented Stain-Resistant Cloud Cover, which is both soft and breathable, so you can sleep in any position without feeling hot or sweaty. The memory foam used for this mattress will provide enough support to your back while lying down.
The other daybed mattresses I have tested didn’t come close in terms of durability, comfort, and price.
- The exceptional quality of materials
- Generous trial period
- High-density memory foam
- The price of the mattress is higher than average.
How Puffy Mattress has evolved from previous models:
Since 2016, Puffy Mattresses did not change too much. However, there were a few changes in the firmness and there was an updated warranty.
Puffy Mattresses have also improved their 5 layer system to help improve airflow and durability.
The mattresses themselves do not change all too much but they still add some new features every year such as stain-resistant cloud cover.
How does it feel to use a Puffy Mattress?
Here I will explain what you will feel after buying a puffy mattress. First of all, you will get a mattress that is not just for sleeping; it’s also great to watch TV, read or play games.
It feels like you are on top of the world and being hugged by your bed at the same time! You can feel this because of its unique construction – foam encased in memory form.
You should not worry about any odors because there aren’t any.
You won’t wake up with hip or back pain because of the memory foam. You won’t be turning and tossing throughout the night due to the extra foam. What you will feel is a mattress that conforms perfectly to your body and gives you ample support!
What users like about Puffy Mattress
We ran a survey among the owners of Puffy Mattresses in our community. We asked them to evaluate its performance in different categories and according to the results, Puffy Mattress has received a high satisfaction rating.
- It provides great comfort and support (92 votes)
- It is beautiful and elegant in appearance (26 votes)
- Puffy offers good value for money (88 votes)
- Clear and easy setup instructions (4 votes)
- Great choice to sleep with your pets (dogs and cats) (24 votes)
At the end of the day, I can say that Puffy Mattress is the best of both worlds, soft and supportive.
Natural Latex Mattress: The Natural Bliss
I was impressed with the number of certifications of Natural Bliss mattresses. It seems, the manufacturer really cares about the quality of their products.
Natural Bliss still worries about your comfort with a 100 Free Trial Nights and 25 Year Warranty. The product has GOTS Certified Organic Cotton, GOTS Certified Organic Wool, GreenGuard Gold Certified, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified for health and environmental safety. The latex is Talalay specialty that stimulates cells without emitting formaldehyde – the harmful protein identified as a major cause of cancer by EPA.
Makers of Natural Bliss only use organic wool when other choices are not available due to price or level of efficacy. Innovative foam that provides soothing relief from pressure, The Natural Bliss mattress helps alleviate your aches and pains through its “biophilic” sleep surfaces with memory foam technology.
For whom is the Natural Bliss mattress made for?
Here is who will enjoy Natural Bliss the most:
- Individuals who suffer from arthritis and other aches.
- People with chronic back pain that have difficulty sleeping at night due to their discomfort.
- Couples where one partner needs more support than the other, but they can’t compromise on comfortability for both sleepers.
- People who care about responsible use and ecology.
What users like about Natural Bliss:
- Especially comfortable in a twin size which makes it the best twin mattress for daybed (89 votes)
- Very comfortable (35 votes)
- A great option for a couple with different weights (18 votes)
- Generous warranty (19 votes)
Main characteristics of Natural Bliss:
- Made in the US
- Comes with a 25-year warranty on workmanship and material defects. If you happen to have an issue for any reason, they will replace it or refund your money!
- No harmful chemicals like PBDEs (a flame retardant) that are linked to cancer and other health concerns
- Two levels of firmness: Medium and Med-Firm
- Made of natural cotton and wool from free-range sheep for a non-toxic sleep space. Wool is naturally flame retardant
- Daybed mattress weight (Twin): 59-64 pounds
- Comes with a 25-year warranty on workmanship and material defects. If you happen to have an issue for any reason, they will replace it or refund your money!
- No harmful chemicals like PBDEs (a flame retardant) that are linked to cancer and other health concerns
- The price
- A bit too firm for some people. If you like a soft bed, this might not be the best option for you
Layla Hybrid Mattress
While doing research I noticed that Layla is specifically attentive to detail with their mattresses: they use high-quality materials, inspect all the products before shipping them and provide a 10-year warranty.
Layla Hybrid Mattress is made of three layers: two foam layers on top that create contouring pressure relief (similar to Tempurpedic), but with less weight; a gel memory foam layer in the middle for cooling, also
Moves are never a pain with Layla’s hybrid mix of memory foam, coil springs, and undeniable swagger. I think you will get the softness you want without sacrificing support by nestling into Layla’s hybrid mattress. It also helps when it’s time for clean-up because the zip line is where all the good stuff happens below. The handles? Those were designed as a helpful tool so you don’t have to flip the mattress yourself.
For whom is the Layla Hybrid Mattress made for?
There is no doubt that Layla Hybrid Mattress has found its target audience: people who need a soft bed that provides support, who want to sleep soundly without feeling like they are sinking into their mattress and who want the benefits of both memory foam and coils.
What users like about Layla Hybrid Mattress:
- Users love how quickly the mattress springs back to its original shape after they get up. (56 votes)
- They also appreciate that it is not too firm because this would result in a sore back and hips from tossing, turning, or getting out of bed. (87 votes)
- Many people find it a real treatment for a chronic sore back. (14 votes)
Main characteristics of Layla Hybrid Mattress:
- Manufactured in the US
- 120 free nights trial period
- A hybrid mix of memory foam, coil springs, and undeniable swagger
- Hypoallergenic, breathable materials
- Gel memory foam relieves pressure points where you need it most
- Layered construction for cooling down the mattress as well as for easy movement.
- It is a hybrid mattress that is the best of both worlds
- The comfort layer cushions your body as it sinks into the memory foam
- A soft but supportive feel with coil springs and gel memory foam for that perfect balance.
- It is heavy when packaged, so not everyone will be able to set it up without additional help.
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
I have spent twice more time analyzing this mattress because it has a lot of pros and cons. It was the hardest for me to decide on which one is better, but I eventually settled with this mattress because it’s more affordable than most mattresses that I reviewed in my article.
With the Nectar Memory Foam Mattress, you get all the best features of a high-quality mattress: Gel Memory foam cools to the touch for minimal motion transfer. With 5 layers and a therapeutic cooling down top cover with polyethylene material that is hypoallergenic gel memory foam coils promote deep refreshing sleep preferred by those who are heat sensitive or have chronic medical conditions, they need relief from. Whether it’s back pain, joint pain, or reduced mobility issues, this mattress eliminates uncomfortable tossing and turning at night so you can wake up feeling refreshed every morning for 365 days.
Plus, offering an unprecedented Lifetime Foundation warranty (including FREE repair in most cases), people can enjoy peace of mind knowing your investment in a healthier life will definitely payout.
As result, if you are looking for a high-quality daybed memory foam mattress, look no further.
For whom is The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress made for?
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress will be a decent choice for anyone who wants a bed that can offer all-night relief from inescapable pressure points while having the durability to withstand whatever your day throws at it.
What users like about The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress:
- Comfortable (110 votes)
- Durable (59 votes)
- Memory foam stays cool at night, no more hot flashes or waking up in a sweat. (18 votes)
Main characteristics of The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress:
- Made of gel memory foam
- Has five layers
- Has generous 365 nights free sleep trial
- Has a “Forever Warranty”
- Memory foam is a traditional type of foamed chemical material that can be molded into different shapes
- The Nectar Mattress has an open-cell construction, which means the memory foam inside it will have more airflow and therefore won’t sleep hot.
- Memory foam sleeps really cool and is a great choice for people with body temperature issues or night sweats
- The Nectar Mattress has a generous 365-night free sleep trial
- May be too firm if you prefer soft mattresses
I included a DreamCloud for a number of reasons. DreamCloud is a good choice for a daybed because it has a thick, luxurious cover that protects the mattress from anything you might spill on it and its payment options will make it a smart investment.
This luxury hybrid mattress, with its layer of individually wrapped coils and a layer of gel memory foam, will allow you to wake up refreshed every day.
With a 365-night home trial period and lifetime warranty that offers free shipping and returns as well as financing via Affirm or Splitit, it’s easy to see why so many people are choosing this product.
For whom is The DreamCloud made for?
- People who are looking for a mattress specifically made for a day bed
- People wanting to sleep on their back or side comfortably.
- Those that want luxurious comfort in addition to the cooling benefits of gel memory foam.
What users like about The DreamCloud:
- It feels both firm and soft at the same time (24 votes)
- It has a luxurious feel and look (22 votes)
- The quality of sleep significantly improved (39 votes)
Main characteristics of The DreamCloud:
- Made with gel memory foam and individually wrapped coils
- Has 365-night Home Trial
- Has lifetime warranty
- Absorbs all the movement
- Has an individually encased innerspring coil system
- Has a Stay-Put foam solid foundation base
- The mattress is affordable
- Offers great value for the price
- It has an individually encased innerspring coil system
- Keeps cool (even when sleeping on your back)
Some people are not a fan of its smell and take time to dissipate it.
Bear Hybrid Mattress
I included the Bear Hybrid Mattress for its exceptional level of comfort and quality.
The Bear Hybrid Mattress is a comfortable option. Based on a popular, in-demand design, this hybrid mattress provides guests with both a spring and memory foam experience.
Featuring 100 Night Risk-Free Trial catering to all types of sleepers and backed by 20 Year Warranty – this is an item worth owning.
For whom is the Bear Hybrid Mattress made for?
- For professional and amateur athletes
- For the sleeper who is looking to enjoy a hybrid mattress in their daybed
- For those with chronic pain or stiffness and who want relief from that, this provides both spring comfort while also providing some give where it counts.
What users like about Bear Hybrid Mattress:
- A very comfortable mattress for the money (59 votes)
- Good for sleeping and lounging (14 votes)
- Maintains its original shape for a long time (45 votes)
Main characteristics of Bear Hybrid Mattress:
- A hybrid mattress made of springs and memory foam
- Twin size: 39″ x 75″ x 14″
- Twin weight: 60 lbs.
- Twin XL size: 39″ x 80″ x 14″
- Twin XL weight: 60 lbs.
- 100 Night Risk-Free Trial
- 20 Year Warranty
- Comfortable mattress
- Reliable spring system
- Good for sleeping and lounging
- Reasonable price.
- May become stiff with the passing of time
Zoma’s hybrid mattress offers the best of both worlds: coil and memory foam construction. The manufacturer offers his mattresses in a 12-inch thickness to provide you with comfort for years to come.
The mattress is made from CertiPUR-US® certified materials which means it has no ozone depleters, heavy metals, mercury, or other contaminants of concern; no formaldehyde; low volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emissions for indoor air quality; no animal products and never tested on animals.
For whom is the Zoma Hybrid made for?
The target audience of Zoma Hybrid is sleepers who like the feel of memory foam but prefer coil support.
The mattress is best for heavier people who like to sleep on their stomach and back because it provides pressure relief where they need it most.
What users like about Zoma Hybrid:
- Good for recovering from chronic hip and hamstring issues (3 votes)
- Good for post-workout recovery (7 votes)
- The hybrid is a perfect balance of comfort and support (11 votes)
Main characteristics of Zoma Hybrid:
- Hybrid mattress built with foam and coils
- Twin size: 38 inch x 74 inch
- Twin XL size: 38 inch x 80 inch
- The mattress contains a lot of foam, so it could be too warm for some sleepers.
- It does not come with a cover (cover is optional and sold separately)
- Cover: Breathable mesh fabric cover made of 97% polyester and 3% spandex
- Thickness: 12 inches
- Holds the body in place and gives it support
- Provides a lot of pressure relief for those who suffer from chronic back pain or sore muscles.
- Some customers didn’t like that there is no cover included with this mattress.
For those who want to save space and money, Fortnight makes an excellent choice for you. This mattress features foam construction, a height of only six inches, and comes compressed and vacuum-sealed in a box.
This mattress is not too thick which makes it the best mattress for a daybed sofa. It will comfortably fit most of the sofas and it has a number of sizing options as well.
For whom is the Fortnight Bedding Mattress made for?
As the price suggests, this mattress is for those on a budget who want to save space. It’s perfect for college students, people with small apartments, and frequent travelers.
What users like about Fortnight Bedding Mattress:
- Inexpensive option (90 votes)
- Good for a daybed in the RV (50 votes)
Main characteristics of Fortnight Bedding Mattress:
- Height is 6 inches
- Foam construction
- Sturdy enough for calm sleepers
- Weight: 17.64 Pounds
- Inexpensive option
- Saves space, perfect for small apartments and RV daybeds
- Sturdy enough for calm sleepers
- Too thin for many users
Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid mattress
You’ll never want to get out of bed once you sink into the plush luxury found in this Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress. The top-quality foam that is constantly tempered keeps the mattress feeling cool and comfortable even as your temperature rises, so there will be no tossing or turning all night long.
This mattress offers 120 free nights for a sleep trial with shipping and returns included if it’s not right for you.
With 6 layers and a unique hybrid design, it’s not just health-friendly – it’s also comfortable with its twill fabric top quilting and a 10-year warranty.
For whom is the Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid mattress made for?
Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid will become a good find for any person who is looking for a healthy mattress but wants the best in comfort, too.
The Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid Mattress is an excellent choice for people that are:
- allergic to chemicals and other materials found in conventional mattresses
- daybed sleepers who need extra support on their back or stomach while still being comfortable as they sleep in their backs.
What users like about Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid mattress:
- Reduces hip pointers (64 votes)
- Reduces back pain (63 votes)
- Great for RV (50 votes)
Main characteristics of Brooklyn Aurora Hybrid mattress:
- 6 layers
- twin size dimensions 13″ × 38″ × 75″
- twin size weight 60lbs
- twin xl size dimensions 13″ × 38″ × 80″
- twin xl size weight 65 lbs
- bunkie board friendly
- a layer of gel-infused memory foam for cooling and pressure relief
- two layers of high-density polyfoam for support and durability
- Easy to clean
- Not the best at relieving pressure on certain parts of your body.
Zinus 10 Inch Ultima Memory Foam Mattress
With 75” x 39” x 10” dimensions and weighing in at 33.51 pounds, this mattress is so comfortable that one of the users said he could “sleep on the edge without rolling over.”
It’s made with Certipur certified memory foam infused with green tea extract to help naturally regulate your body heat while odor-resistant charcoal blocks off any stinkiness from those icky things normal mattresses attract like dead skin cells and pet hair.
Another amazing feature of this excellent product is its 10-year limited warranty.
For whom is the Zinus Ultima Memory Foam Mattress made for?
This option will become a good deal for people who are specifically concerned with odors and looking for a mattress that will last a long time and won’t break the bank.
What users like about Zinus Ultima Memory Foam Mattress:
- It is a very affordable option for those who want an excellent mattress without breaking the bank. (20 votes)
- It has odor protection (19 votes)
Main characteristics of Zinus Ultima Memory Foam Mattress:
- size 75 x 39 x 10 inches
- weight 33.51 Pounds
- 10 year limited warranty
- typically it take s48-72 hours to fully decompress
- it is made of high-density foam
- has a soft yet firm feel and no motion transfer
- Very comfortable
- Affordable and quality
- I noticed that some of the models shed with tiny airborne fibers that can irritate the skin
Signature Sleep Memoir 10″ Memory Foam Mattress
With an integrated fire retardant barrier and breathable cover for added peace of mind, sleep soundly knowing this Signature Sleep Mattress is likely to give you everything you need in comfort and support.
It’s got a 2″ layer of Memory Foam so you can slip into sleep while an 8″ layer of high-density foam ensures your head is supported all night long. Its dimensions: 75 inches wide by 39 inches long with 10-inch height make sure that you’re never rolling off your partner and onto the floor.
For whom is the Signature Sleep Memoir 10″ Memory Foam Mattress made for?
This is made for those who want to sleep on a mattress that gives them the best of both worlds. It’s firm enough to support their back, but soft enough so as not to be too uncomfortable or make it difficult to move around in bed.
It can also easily accommodate two people with its generous width and length without one person feeling like on the hill while the other one feeling like in a deep canyon.
What users like about Signature Sleep Memoir 10″ Memory Foam Mattress:
- Fair price (91 votes)
- The mattress is comfortable (90 votes)
- Durable and lasts a long time (45 votes)
Main characteristics of Signature Sleep Memoir 10″ Memory Foam Mattress:
- Dimensions: 75″L x 39″W x 10″H.
- Net weight: 33 lbs.
- Soft breathable cover
- Fire retardant barrier
- The mattress is made of a thick layer of high-density memory foam, which conforms to the shape of your body and relieves pressure points.
- It also has two inches of copper infusion gel memory foam that provides better air circulation for comfort
- Medium firmness.
- Soft and comfortable foam.
- Easy to assemble, no need for a box spring or foundation.
The mattress is not supportive enough for heavier people (over 250 pounds).
Amerisleep AS1 Mattress
With the Amerisleep AS1 mattress, you can experience a slimmer design than most mattresses while without sacrificing the quality of sleep. The Bio-Pur® foam is crafted from semi-synthetic plant materials and offers unprecedented body support without being too firm. The Bio-Core® base gives you extended durability, supporting your natural posture to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
Made in the USA with low VOCs, Amerisleep AS1 Mattresses come with CertiPUR-US® certification to ensure dependable comfort for years without worrying about chemicals leaking into your bedroom. With its 20 year warranty, you can rest easy that Amerisleep will be by your side for many years to come.
For whom is the Amerisleep AS1 Mattress made for?
AS1 is indispensable for those who want to have a good night’s sleep without having to wake up in the morning with back pain. With its ergonomic design, AS-one is best for people who are overweight and suffer from arthritis or joint pain.
What users like about Amerisleep AS1 Mattress:
- Advanced Bio Pur feels better than traditional foam (15 votes)
- Amerisleep AS-One Mattress is a little bit more expensive than other mattresses in the same category, but this investment can be worth it for people who want to sleep better and longer. (14 votes)
- This best daybed mattress has received positive feedback from verified buyers because of its durable construction (with cotton), which ensures that you sleep on an eco-friendly mattress (11 votes)
Main characteristics of Amerisleep AS1 Mattress:
- Made with Bio-Pur memory foam
- Has 100-night free trial
- Has a 20-year warranty
- CertiPUR-US® certified & low in VOCs
- Twin size: 38″ W x 74″ L x 10″ H
- Twin XL size: 38″ W x 80″ L x 10″ H
- The mattress is made of Bio Pur memory foam and cotton which ensures a good night’s sleep
- Amerisleep ASI Mattress has a 100-night free trial, 20-year warranty with CertiPUR-US® certification for low VOCs
Twin size can be tight for two people who have a weight of 240+ lbs
Happsy Organic Mattress
The organic cotton and wool on top of this latex mattress soothe away tension throughout the night, while 8 inches of pocketed springs support your every move. There’s no more tossing and turning because airflow is unrestricted thanks to a solid base foam made from natural ingredients like coconut oil that allow you to feel the coolness when you need it most.
The natural latex gives you ample support while the pocket springs dish out targeted contour so there’s no space on your bed where our biggest pillow competitors could call home.
For whom is the Happsy Organic Mattress made for?
This mattress is made for people who want to feel refreshed in the morning. The Happsy Organic Mattress is also good for people with allergies or sensitivities because it’s made from natural ingredients that don’t trigger reactions in most cases.
What users like about Happsy Organic Mattress:
- Organic materials (88 votes)
- A durable mattress that will last a long time (15 votes)
Main characteristics of Happsy Organic Mattress:
- 2 inches of certified latex
- 8 inches of pocketed springs
- Contains organic cotton, organic wool, certified latex.
- It does not contain any flame retardant chemicals
- Free Shipping
- Free Returns
- 120 Night Trial
- 20 Year Warranty
I can say for sure that it is a durable mattress that will last for many years and it contains organic materials in its composition.
- Organic materials
- Long-term performance
- Price if you are looking for a cheaper mattress
The Vaya Mattress combines two layers of foam technology with CertiPUR-US certification. This means you will have a mattress that’s free from ozone depleters, mercury, lead, and other heavy metals as well as formaldehyde or PBDE flame retardants.
For whom is the Vaya Mattress made for?
The Vaya Mattress is made for people who like plush, medium-firm mattresses.
What users like about Vaya Mattress:
- Construction simplicity (34 votes)
- Price (32 votes)
- Medium firmness level for a plush feel on top and support underneath. (12 votes)
Main characteristics of Vaya Mattress:
- A blend of light and fresh foams is used
- Twin size dimensions are Twin 38″ x 74″
- Twin XL size dimensions are 38″ x 80″
- Foams are certified by CertiPUR-US
- Free shipping
- 10 years of warranty
- Has a simple construction that is reliable
- Light, fresh and comfortable
- A bit too firm for some people’s liking.
- Edge control should be improved
Customize Bed 8 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
This small, yet strong mattress is perfect for any student and guest. Make their dorm room seem more like a home with this mattress that you can customize to suit your needs! The best part is the 5-year warranty so you never have to worry about it springing a leak and leading them through another inconvenient disaster at school.
For whom is the Customize Bed 8 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress made for?
It is a perfect choice for anyone who needs a small and inexpensive mattress: college students, guests, people with small places, etc.
What users like about Customize Bed 8 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress:
- The mattress is made of a high-quality gel memory foam that is soft but also durable. (12 votes)
- It has the perfect thickness for those who like more cushioning under their body and want to be able to sleep through the night on it without feeling sore in the morning. (13 votes)
Main characteristics of Customize Bed 8 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress:
- Thickness: 8 inches
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Made with memory foam and bamboo
- 5 years of warranty offered
- Comfortable and supportive
- Ecofriendly material with antimicrobial properties
- Relieves pressure points (especially for those who sleep on their back)
- The mattress is a bit too soft. It may not be the best choice for people who prefer firmer beds or have medical conditions that require them to sleep on hard surfaces
Amerisleep AS3 Mattress
The Amerisleep AS3 mattress is the hybrid of what you want in an eco-friendly mattress. Made with open-cell foam that wicks away heat, this could be just the mattress for those who live in hot environments or are looking to combat allergies and dust mites without changing everything on their bed. We never use chemicals to produce our mattresses, so you always get a natural product. You can choose between Firm, Medium Softness, or extra soft for your ideal level of comfort.
For whom is the Amerisleep AS3 Mattress made for?
AS3 can help those who have chronic back pain, those who suffer from allergies and dust mites, or people who simply want an eco-friendly mattress.
What users like about Amerisleep AS3 Mattress:
- Natural option (80 votes)
- Prevents from overheating during sleep (14 votes)
Main characteristics of Amerisleep AS3 Mattress:
- All-foam construction
- Twin size dimensions 13″ × 38″ × 75″
- Twin xl size dimensions 13″ × 38″ × 80″
- The Amerisleep AS Twin mattress for daybed is hypoallergenic
- It offers a firm yet pressure relieving surface that provides plenty of support for your back and neck
- Offers great value at an affordable price point
- Some users may find it too soft or bouncy, which will depend on personal
What size mattress fits a daybed?
The size of a mattress should match the size of a bed. For example, if your daybed is 38 x 75 inches, then the mattress should be 38 x 75 inches or slightly less. Keep in mind that the small height of a daybed mattress may cause it to sink, so you might need an extra inch or two.
The most popular is the twin mattress daybed that requires a 39 x 75 inches mattress.
What kind of mattress do you use for a daybed?
You can use a mattress of any type for a daybed. However, not all mattresses will be equally effective. For example, if you are going to watch TV and read books on your daybed, a firm mattress may be the best.
If you are using your daybed for sleep, then it is preferable to use a softer mattress. The firmness of the mattress will also depend on whether or not you have back problems such as sciatica and arthritis.
What kind of mattress should be used for a metal daybed?
If you have a metal daybed, you can be sure that your mattress will help firmly by its frame. This type of bed has a low profile, so the mattress will be in direct contact with the floor and won’t move around.
How to use a daybed mattress outdoors
- If you want to use your daybed mattress outdoors on an air-conditioned porch in the summer months, make sure that you are using a breathable cover like cotton or linen so that no moisture will accumulate.
- Also, a daybed mattress can be used in your RV. All you have to do is make sure you have the right size and shape for your RV.
- If you want to use a daybed mattress on an air bed, just make sure that it is long enough so that there are no gaps between the edge of the bed and where people lie down when they’re sleeping (to avoid any potentially harmful accidents).
How to cover a daybed mattress?
A daybed mattress can be covered with any type of sheet. If you have a thick mattress pad, it is recommended to use fitted sheets and top sheets as well with the daybed cover.
If your day bed is stored in an open space or on the floor during sleep time then using blankets might be more practical but they should not reach over halfway up the side of the bed.
What mattress fits IKEA Hemnes daybed?
IKEA Hemnes daybed has a length of 79 inches and a width of 32 inches. Any mattress with similar dimensions or slightly smaller will perfectly fit the IKEA Hemnes daybed.
Additional accessories for daybed mattresses.
There is a number of must-have accessories that will make your sleep 10x more comfortable.
Daybed mattress protectors.
These are indispensable as your daybed is likely to be used more often than a regular bed.
A mattress protector is also helpful if you have kids or pets running around the house, and need to protect your daybed from stains caused by them.
Sheets will give your daybed an extra layer of protection against spills or stains.
You should also consider getting a fitted sheet for your daybed. It is much easier to change these, than it is to take the entire mattress cover off of your bed and wash it in order to get rid of any messes that may have been made on it.
Also, sheets will give you extra comfort during the night.
Mattress bags for moving and storage
If you decide to move or store your daybed for the winter, you will want to make sure that it is protected.
Mattress bags are a great way of doing this because they can protect against any spills or stains from happening during transport – and if anything does happen while in storage, then cleaning up after them is much easier than with other types of covers.
Do you love reading or drinking coffee or tea on your daybed?
If so, do you have any storage options for it?
A bedside shelf is a great way to keep your items close by and within easy reach. It can be used in either the bedroom or daybed – but whichever room is most appropriate will depend on your individual preference.
Sometimes you realize that you would like your mattress to be thicker or firmer without purchasing a new one. Mattress toppers are a great solution. They can be placed on top of your current mattress for an instant improvement.
Wrapping it up
To draw a conclusion, there are numerous factors that should be counted when picking the right mattress for your daybed. We have gathered 15 of the best daybed mattresses that include both affordable and high-end options.
If you want to find out which one is the best for your needs, I recommend going through my mini-reviews carefully.